Monday, October 06, 2008

A Tale of Two Bags - High Sierra Sport's Customer Service Comes Through

Earlier this year I bought two carry on expandable bags from High Sierra Sport . One has been through maybe 15 - 20 trips and is still solid. The other starting falling apart after trip number 3 or 4.

High Sierra defective bag
Note the left wheel caving in. It sticks like that, which kind of nullifies the whole rolling concept.

High Sierra defective bag

Below you can see how the handle grip started unraveling
High Sierra defective bag

This was pretty disappointing. And because I am sometimes a lazy procrastinator, I didn't take my receipt to the place where I bought it (the Randolph location of City Traveler) within the 60 or 90 day return window. But the bag was still covered by its warranty. And while it took more back and forth via email that it probably should have to get a response from High Sierra's customer service folks, I have to say that once I did connect with them and sent back the pieces they needed to confirm what kind of replacement bag I needed, they got the new bag to me within two or three days.

And my sweet orange bag and I are back in business.

High Sierra replacement bag

High Sierra replacement bag