Monday, October 27, 2008

Still Waiting for the Novelty License Plate to End all Novelty Plates: IMA JKASS

Saw this on the road yesterday.

Prius with jackass novelty plate

If you can't quite make out the plate, I tried to zoom in a bit with my limited photo 'editing' skills.

prius owner jackass nv my mpg

It reads NV MY MPG.

Really? For better or worse, the Prius has already become something of a polarizing statement, even when they aren't plastered with juvenile, antagonistic messages.

Now, to be clear, I am not a Prius hater. Far from it. I have rented a Prius and enjoyed it. I know, like and respect a number of people who manage to own Priuses without feeling the need to congratulate themselves on their environmental consciousness and economic savvy via novelty license plates. And I own a Toyota Yaris, so I'm all for great "MPG" (yay!).

But "NV MY MPG"? Come one. That's not funny. That's just being a jackass.