Thursday, April 24, 2008

Another Reason Why I Love The Economist

Peter Schrank illustration for the Economist
Image Source: The Economist

Much of it is admittedly over my head (or beyond my depth, if you prefer) and by no means am I able to read as much as I would like on a regular basis, but nonetheless The Economist is by far my favorite publication. Today, much to my delight, I caught up with a column from the April 12th issue in which Idiocracy gets a much deserved shout out as Lexington underlines the foolishness of the United States' asinine immigration policy (which is rightly characterized as "national self-sabotage"). Problem is, too many people are too stupid to comprehend the ramifications of the policy (and that reinforces the brilliance of the reference, no?).

Well played, sir.